Agriculture College Purnea
- by thepratyeknews
- 3811 Views
- Purnea with population of 2.54 million people and literacy rate of 63.07% is one of the important city of Bihar. Since historical times, Purnea has been a famous educational, political and cultural centre.
- It is situated at 25013' 80" N-27007' 59" N latitude and 860 59’ 06" E -870 52’ 55" E longitude having average minimum temperature 70 C, average maximum temperature 430 C and average annual rainfall 1408 mm.
- The Department of Agriculture, Govt. of Bihar established a Seed Multiplication Farm of 84 ha in 1958 at Purnea and since then the farm was producing quality seed of important crops to cater the need of farmers of the area.
- Later on, it was realized that research and education are needed for the development of agriculture in this Koshi Region of Bihar. The Govt. of Bihar decided to establish an Agricultural College at this farm in 2011.
- The foundation stone was laid by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Bihar Sri Nitish Kumar on 16th June 2011. The College campus with Administrative building, Boys’ & Girls’ Hostel, Staff quarters, Sports complex and Auditorium was inaugurated by Sri Nitish Kumar, Hon’ble CM, Bihar on 10th August, 2015.
- The college is named after the famous personality, social reformer, agriculturist and thrice Chief Minister of Bihar, Late Bhola Paswan Shastri, who hails from Kajha village of Purnea district.